Saturday, January 26, 2013

Scrap Quilting

Project #2 for the Quilt Guild is a philanthropy project out of quilt scraps.  I was handed 6 muslin squares with a center colored strip at the last quilt meeting.  The goal was to add strips of scrap fabric and then everyone's scraps squares will be combined into 6 quilts to donate to a local organization.
Step #1 was to go through all of my fabric stash and identify scraps....what a big pile.....
See my pile of scraps strips at the back of the picture...I didn't realize how many I had and how long it would take to iron each scrap.  Once the scrap piles were made it was time to start grabbing strips, pinning, and sewing them together.

 Here are the finished blocks.  What a wonderful mix of colors.  I will be curious to see how everyone's scraps come together into a final project.

I have so many ironed scrap strips left over that I thought it would be fun to use them to make some extra placemats.....when I have some extra free time.


No comments:

Post a Comment